We eat this almost every day…I am not kidding. Always love a Greek salad especially with the addition of za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend of wild oregano, sumac, sesame seeds and salt. If you don’t have it on hand, no worries. Still a delicious fresh salad that should be enjoyed all summmmmmer long.
- 2 tomatoes- finely chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers or half English cucumber- finely chopped
- 2 scallions or half small red onion- finely diced
- 2 bell peppers (either red, yellow or orange)- finely chopped
- 3 radishes- finely chopped- optional
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 lemon juiced- around 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon red wine vin
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove- grated- optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup feta- love a sheeps milk
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives- pitted
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
In a bowl place the chopped tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, red onions or scallions, radishes and freshly chopped parsley. Pour over the olive oil, red wine vin, lemon juice (this is when you would add in the grated garlic, but totally up to you. We love it both ways) and season WELL with salt and black pepper. Toss. Sprinkle over the kalamata olives, crumble over the feta, and finish a good dusting of za’atar all over. Enjoy your Za’atar Greek Salad!
Fun optional add ons- add 1/3 cup freshly chopped dill, 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (or both), 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds… The veg is the perfect base to play around with.