Nothing makes me happier than a holiday cocktail, especially one that is insanely easy to make. We all know I love a pomegranate moment, so I figured, why not make a cocktail of out it? So go on, get your holiday party started with my Pomegranate Gin Fizz.
POMEGRANATE SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 large orange zest peels
- 2 cardamom cloves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a pan, add the pomegranate seeds, orange zest, cardamom, sugar and water. Bring to a simmer and let simmer until sugar is dissolved. Using a wooden spoon, press down on the pomegranate seeds to release all that juice and flavor.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and let cool.
- Strain and store in a squeeze bottle.
POMEGRANATE GIN FIZZ – 1 COCKTAIL
- 1oz Pomegranate simple syrup
- 1oz Pomegranate Juice
- 2oz gin
- 2 large ice cubes
- Prosecco-enough to fill up your glass (can also use champagne)
- Orange zest
- In glass, combine 1 ounce simple syrup, 1 ounce pomegranate juice, 2 ounces of gin and 2 large ice cubes. Stir together and top up with prosecco, squeeze orange zest and run along the rim of the glass and then toss it in.
- Sip, sip, and sip some more!