Another fave dish at DEZ was this cauliflower. IT’s a HUGE crowd pleaser and makes you look at vegetables in a whole new way. I love making vegetables the star of the meal and this dish really does just that. The bright chimi I put on these perfectly charred florets is also insane on roasted chicken, steak, lamb, grilled fish and so many other roasted vegetables. It just makes everything pop.
* 2 heads cauliflower
* 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 cup cilantro
* 1 cup parsley
* 1 garlic clove, grated
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped preserved lemon (rinds only)
* 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
*1/2 cup currants or raisins
* 1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* fried capers, for garnish- drain the capers and then dry them. Heat up grapeseed oil or any oil with no flavor and pour in around 1/4 cup of capers. Fry until they flower and lightly brown. Remove and drain on a paper towl.
* fresh dill, for garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450°F. Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss with the olive oil and salt; place in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes until golden and toasted. Remove and prepare the sauce.
2. Finely chop the cilantro and parsley. Mix in the grated garlic, and finely chopped preserved lemon. Mix and slowly add in the oil and salt.
3. stir in the currants and the vinegar.
4. Pour the sauce over the roasted cauliflower to taste. Top with the fried capers and garnish with the dill.